Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Next.....A UFO....Really, I Found One, Probably the Only One I Had.....!!?? NOT!

The previous top has been made into a quilt.  It has been sandwiched, tied (not quilted), bound (binding the same as the back; separate piece, not turned), and mailed this morning... I forgot to take a FINISHED picture, but it turned out great!

Now I am starting to sew some non-quilty items...but to keep my hand in,,,,I found an UFO to work on...Really!  To me, a UFO is a top that has been around for awhile and one that I didn't exactly lose interest in, but just say it was easy to slide it down a few notches on the unwritten list of things I want to accomplish...


During the next few days I will cut and sew the backing to (lower fabric) fit the jelly roll top, sandwich it all together, and slowly baste it.  I may try and quilt this by machine, going along the seams.... although I could just HQ it, using a meandering design that isn't really a design....

It is still a hot/warm September here in Central Texas, but quilting this would seem to be a good winter season project...

We'll see how I feel after basting....


1 comment:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Some of these fabrics look familiar - row quilting these is fun, but a meander gets her done.